May 19, 2021, 01:17:02 AM

News:

SA-MP 0.3.7 R4-2 is released! Click here to download.

Usage of sniper

Started by Orbit, December 19, 2019, 02:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orbit

Before anyone replies "you are pissed", yes I am pissed. Every SWAT member just pulls out a sniper from a close range and uses the sniper headshot to their advantage. I have nothing against PD/SWAT having snipers, but they shouldn't be used in such common scenarios. Cops are literally using them in close range shootouts, which I think is just trash. Either remove the sniper headshots or their usage should be limited to SWAT only(not even high ranked PD members). It should be made sure that they are only used in long range fights where they seem realistic and not in every single shootout that can be easily handled with pistols/assaults.

Skidoo

well I guess even after being law they are too overpowered. Deagles, M4, Mp5, shotguns, snipers. They make SWAT with (nitestick), m4s and snipers and remove deagle and PD with (nitestick), mp5 and deagle only. Like seperate. Just too overpowered even if they're law. I've never seen such overpowered SAPD in any server

LaurLaurYTB1

Sniper is used only by SWAT members and by the Chief and Assistant Chief ranks from PD and only for wanted level 6. As you could mention Fox's organisation uses snipers as well. Only because you got killed in a gunfight once by a headshot it doesn't mean you have to ban the snipers from PD.

Skidoo

Can we also get hunters snipers and deagles too?

Smog

ive seen lately members using it on less than 6 stars

LaurLaurYTB1

Quote from: Smog on December 19, 2019, 03:07:20 PM
ive seen lately members using it on less than 6 stars
do you have any proofs?

Smog

Orbit

Quote from: LaurLaurYTB1 on December 19, 2019, 03:02:04 PM
Sniper is used only by SWAT members and by the Chief and Assistant Chief ranks from PD and only for wanted level 6. As you could mention Fox's organisation uses snipers as well. Only because you got killed in a gunfight once by a headshot it doesn't mean you have to ban the snipers from PD.
Why would someone use a sniper in a close range shootout? It is only being used to have an advantage over the criminal since it can kill the criminal in a single headshot. Sniper's power is just being abused at this point.

LaurLaurYTB1

I'll lock this for now and let @Fox decide what is going to happen

Fox

As Laur said, only SWAT/Chief ranks may use it and only on L6. This is what I have seen for myself.

Side note: Ultor only uses it's sniper against PD and/or for assassinations.